As a huge fan of Take That, SuperBreak’s Tracey couldn’t wait to see Gary Barlow perform live at the O2 Arena in London. Find out if he lived up her expectations in her latest event review…
1. What event did you go to see and why?
Gary Barlow – I have been a huge Take That fan from a young age!
2. What did you think of the performance? Did it live up to expectations?
Gary was never my favourite Take That member and I wasn’t overly sure what to expect! But my gosh he was amazing! Such a fantastic entertainer and very talented. All the songs he sang were the songs that he had wrote himself. I loved every second and knew every word to every song as did everyone else in the audience! Truly amazing evening.
3. Was this your first visit to The O2? What did you make of the facilities?
It wasn’t my first visit to The O2, but it’s definitely up there with one of my best experiences. It’s worthwhile arriving at the O2 at least an hour before the doors are due to open for the event as there is so much to see and do.
4. Did you enjoy a meal or drinks out before the event? If so would you recommend the places?
I would definitely recommend eating at one of the restaurants beforehand and most definitely grabbing a pre-concert drink in one of the bars. Before you go in. It all adds to the atmosphere.
5. Which hotel did you stay in and what did you think of it? How far was the distance to The O2?
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Kings/Cross Bloomsbury Hotel which is in an excellent location, conveniently located just a 15 minute walk from Kings Cross station or under 5 minutes on the number 63 bus that can be caught directly outside Kings Cross Station. Oyster cards can also be used on the buses in London as well as the underground, so this was very useful.
6. How did you get to The O2? How did you find travelling around London?
It was so easy to get to the O2 Arena on the tube from Kings Cross. Door to door took us just over half an hour.
7. How does The O2 compare to other venues?
It’s ginormous! There is so much more to do there than just see a a concert. You’ll be amazed! It’s an experience you’ll never forget!
8. Have any other events caught your eye this year?
Gary Barlow advised that Take That will be touring again next year! This is something I am not going to miss out on!
Have you been lucky enough to see Gary Barlow perform live? Or perhaps you’d like to share your experience of another music event at London’s O2 Arena? Get in touch using the comments box below.