Posted by Ray
My favourite shows of all time are:
1. 10th Anniversary Performance of Les Miserables at The Royal Albert Hall. It was so emotional.
2. The opening night of We Will Rock You. The critics hated it and I loved it.
3. The 21st birthday performance of The Phantom of The Opera. This musical has played a very big part in my life. I have been with it every step of the way.
4. The closing night of Cats. It was as good that night as it was when it opened 21 years earlier.
5. Carmen Funebre at The Edinburgh Festival. I watched it in the pouring rain. It was the start of a life-long love affair with The Edinburgh Festival.
6. When The Bulbul Stopped Singing at The Traverse Theatre. The best one man play I have ever seen and an amazing insight into the Palestinian occupation.
7. Frank Finlay playing Salieri in Amadeus. An amazing performance.
8. The first birthday performance of Billy Elliot. All three Billys danced that night. Very special.
9. The original cast of Stones in His pockets at The Duke of Yorks. This show made me laugh so much.
10. The first time I saw Jesus Christ Superstar at The Palace Theatre. It changed my life. I fell in love with London and its theatres.
What do you think?