We’re all very proud here in Yorkshire – we really do have something for everyone, so to help persuade you, help you decide on a location and, first and foremost, show off, here are ten of the top reasons why you should be visiting Yorkshire as soon as possible…
1. We have pubs galore – in fact, York is rumoured to have so many pubs that you could visit a different one every day for a year!
2. Our countryside is as beautiful as it gets – if you’re yet to visit the North York Moors, then what are you waiting for?!
3. It’s a haven for railway buffs. With the incredible North York Moors steam train and the ever-popular York Railway Museum, even those who aren’t clued up on trains will have a great time.
4. Some of the most famous literature derives from our fair towns. From Whitby’s Dracula to the Bronte Sister’s novels and the brooding Wuthering Heights.
5. If it’s stunning architecture that gets your camera snapping, then you’ll absolutely love it here; from the mighty York Minster to the numerous stately homes like Castle Howard and Fountains Abbey.
6. York is rumoured to be the most haunted city in the UK. Do you dare take one of our spooky ghost walks during your stay?
7. If you like life a little more up-tempo than museums and landmarks, fear not. Leeds and Sheffield can offer you some of the hottest nightlife spots in the country.
8. Who doesn’t love a good Sunday roast? And where better to have it than the home of Yorkshire puddings…
9. Don’t come to Yorkshire for the beaches? Well maybe you should, as we have some of the finest stretches of sands in the UK.
10. Blimey! Yorkshire was voted the 3rd best place to visit in the world in a recent Lonely Planet annual hotlist. Topped only by locations in Australia and India…you can’t argue with that.
If, after reading this list, you’re now desperate to get yourself on a Yorkshire short break, well I can’t really blame you. It is pretty great here. See you soon!