How to enter
In your own words, write an article about a memorable short break experience for the chance to win The Ultimate SuperBreak and the opportunity to exclusively write for our blog.
• Your article must be a minimum 400 words
• You must include authentic images/videos that are owned by you
• Your article must fit into one of the themed categories listed below:
• Your article must be saved preferably on a word document and sent along with your images/videos to Content@SuperBreak.com
• The SuperBreak content team must receive your article between the Monday 16th June 2014 and Sunday 20th July 2014 for it to be counted. Entries received after midnight on 20th July 2014 will not be counted
• Entries must agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions
Entrants are limited to 1 entry each. By entering this competition you give all rights of your submitted content to SuperBreak. Content can be used by SuperBreak at any time and through any platform they see fit.
After the entry period closes on Sunday 20th July 2014 at 11.59pm, the entries will be shortlisted by the SuperBreak team. Shortlisted entries will automatically become runners-up and will be announced on Friday 25th July 2014 via the SuperBreak blog. The winner will be chosen from the runners-up by the SuperBreak team with the help of judge blogger Laura the Explorer, and announced on Friday 1st August 2014 via the SuperBreak blog.
The winner and runner-ups will be contacted via email. Should the winner or any of the runner-ups not be able to accept the prize, another entry will be selected. Winners and runner-ups must accept the prize within 48 hours of being contacted.
The winner’s prize consists of:
• The Ultimate SuperBreak
-A 2 night stay for 2 adults at the 4* Cavendish Hotel in London
-2x tickets to see the Jersey Boys
-Entry to The View From The Shard for 2 people
-Entry to Madame Tussauds London for 2 people
-A Classic Wine Tasting Experience at Vinopolis for 2 people
-A London Showboat and Dinner Cruise for 2 people
-Return UK rail travel
-2x Oyster each loaded with £15
• The SuperBreak Travel Writer 2014 title
• An opportunity to write for the SuperBreak blog
Entrants must be able to travel during the month of September 2014 on a Friday and Saturday. Not being able to do so will automatically forfeit the prize. In such an event the SuperBreak team will choose another winner.
The winner is required to submit an article about The Ultimate SuperBreak within 1 month of returning. If the winner does not submit an article about The Ultimate SuperBreak within 1 month, then the SuperBreak Travel Writer 2014 title will be revoked. SuperBreak is under no obligation to publish any further content from the winner after the prize has been taken.
The 5x runner-ups prizes consist of:
• £50 SuperBreak Vouchers
• One of the following SuperBreak Travel Writer 2014 titles: Theatre Guru, City Sightseer, Country Roamer, European Explorer and Family Adventurers
All the prize components for both the winner and runner-up prizes are subject to availability and the terms and conditions as outlined below.
Terms and Conditions
1. To enter SuperBreak’s Travel Writer Competition 2014, you must write a 400-600 word feature about a short break you took in the last year or so in one of the following five categories: (1) Theatre Guru; (2) City Sightseer; (3) Country Roamer; (4) European Explorer; (5) Family Adventurers.
2. Entries must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that no element of their entry infringes the copyright of any third party or any laws.
3. Entries must never have been published, self-published, published on any website, blog or online forum, broadcast nor winning or placed in any other competition.
4. By submitting an entry to the competition, you give SuperBreak Mini-Holidays Ltd. (a) Permission for your submitted content to be published on any SuperBreak website and on any social media account controlled by SuperBreak (including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter accounts) and you grant SuperBreak a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use and publish your submitted content in electronic format (including the SuperBreak websites and SuperBreak social media accounts) and you hereby irrevocably waive, for the benefit of SuperBreak Mini-Holidays Ltd., all moral rights in the submitted content to which you are entitled; and (b) The right to use your name and country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your feature and/or as a winner or runner-up of the competition.
5. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media service. By taking part in this competition you understand that you are providing your information to SuperBreak Mini Holidays Ltd. and not to WordPress, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media service. The personal information you provide will only be used for the purposes of administering this competition and will not be shared with third parties.
6. Entrants must be 18 years of age or over. When contacted, the prize winner will be asked to provide proof of age.
7. Employees connected with this promotion from superbreak.com, Travel Agents, any employees of third party prize suppliers and promotional agencies and their families are excluded from taking part in this competition. Anyone found to be a third party supplier will automatically forfeit the prize and a new winner will be chosen.
8. The competition runs from 10.00am on Monday 16th June 2014 to 11.59pm on Sunday 20th July 2014.
9. Completion and submission of the article will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
10. No purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
11. All submitted content is subject to approval from the SuperBreak team. Content and images containing offensive material and/or nudity will not be accepted as a valid entry. Content and images off-topic will not be accepted as a valid entry. The SuperBreak team’s decision on accepting submitted content as a valid entry is final. No debate will be entered into with regards to accepting any submitted content as a valid entry.
12. Entry instructions and prize descriptions form part of these terms and conditions.
13. The prizes are as stated, non-negotiable, non-transferable, are subject to availability and there is no cash alternative. The promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute prizes of equal or alternative value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. Your statutory rights remain unaffected. This includes changing the accommodation provided and transport included.
14. Spending money and additional transport and sustenance costs are not included as part of the competition prize.
15. SuperBreak Mini-Holidays Ltd. accept no liability for the prizes or for any loss or damage arising from their issue. Winners and runner-ups accept prizes at their own risk. We recommend the winner takes out suitable travel insurance to cover their break. This is not included as part of the prize.
17. Winners’ and runner-ups’ names & city of residence may be obtained by sending a sae to: superbreak.com, Eboracum Way, York, YO31 7RE 28 days after the closing date. Please state the competition title. Please do not send entries to this address.
18. The promoter of this competition is SuperBreak Mini-Holidays Ltd, Eboracum Way, York, YO31 7RE
19. This promotion is governed by English law.
Think you’ve got what takes to become SuperBreak’s Travel Writer 2014? Want to WIN The Ultimate SuperBreak? Enter now to get involved!