Our good friend and colleague Trish from the Customer Service Department here at SuperBreak HQ took her hubby to The O2 last month to see legendary Industrial Rock band Nine Inch Nails. Here she relives the experience in our latest event review…
1. What event did you go to see and why?
Nine Inch Nails, it was an early birthday present for my husband John.
2. What did you think of the performance? Did it live up to expectations?
It was an a brilliant gig, better than I expected, Trent Reznor is a great frontman and you can see why they are considered pioneers in industrial music. This was their first tour in 6 years.
3. Was this your first visit to The O2? What did you make of the facilities?
No actually, I have been before, I think all the facilities are excellent!
4. Did you enjoy a meal or drinks out before the event? If so would you recommend the places?
We ate at Chiquito’s before the gig and the atmosphere and service at the restaurant was really good, the food was delicious – we paid about £37 for the two of us.
5. Which hotel did you stay in and what did you think of it? How far was the distance to The O2?
We stayed at The Royal National as it is central to everything. Went to Carnaby Street, along Regent Street, and around Piccadilly Circus. Popped into The Choccywoccydoodah shop as well
6. How did you get to The O2? How did you find travelling around London?
We travelled by tube which really is the best way to travel around – having lived in London for 22 years, I know my way around – but the underground is very easy to travel on.
7. How does The O2 compare to other venues?
It’s a fantastic venue, the sound there is great!
8. Have any other events caught your eye this year?
Yes, I’m going to Cirque du Soleil , The Eagles and, later in the year, War of the Worlds.
Are you already planning your next trip to London? Be sure to check out the latest Music Events on offer at The O2 Arena and tell us what you’re off to see in the comments section below!