Our lovely sales advisor, Hayley took a trip to The O2 Arena in London recently to see country music legend, Dolly Parton perform live on stage. Find out what she made of the show in her latest review…
1. What event did you go to see and why?
I went to see Dolly Parton with my Mum as deep down we’re secret Dolly fans and think she is amazing.
2. What did you think of the performance? Did it live up to expectations?
She was fantastic live, and so talented as she played several different instruments like the violin, saxophone and recorder, and told the crowd a bit about her upbringing, married life and childhood.
3. Was this your first visit to The O2? What did you make of the facilities?
This was our first visit to The O2 Arena, I was a bit daunted about getting there from Russell Square but it was so easy to do (even though Jubilee line was closed at Waterloo – we just used the Piccadilly line instead), and as soon as you leave North Greenwich it was all visible.
4. Did you enjoy a meal or drinks out before the event? If so would you recommend the places?
We dined in Chiquito’s which was opposite the entrance doors of the arena, we had steak and chips and a cheeky cocktail with the total for the bill being less then £40, which is very reasonable considering its location.
5. Which hotel did you stay in and what did you think of it? How far was the distance to The O2?
We stayed at The Tavistock Hotel, Russell Square. It took around an hour to get to the concert, but we had plenty of time, so this didn’t bother us.
From the concert ending to getting back it was around 90 minutes, but the underground staff have a good crowd control system and we had no problems catching the Underground.
6. How does The O2 compare to other venues?
It is the largest venue I’ve been too, very modern and an iconic place. It did feel like we walked ages to leave The O2.
7. Have any other events caught your eye this year?
I am tempted to take my son to Disney on Ice at Christmas possibly, now I know where the best places to stay are. I think I’d stay in the Greenwich area if I went again to The O2, especially travelling with a child.
Which music act would you like to see in London? Have you already seen a live show at the O2? Use the comments box below to let us know.