Two of our wonderful Superbreak staff were lucky enough to go an see the fabulous Strictly Come Dancing Live Tour this month! Here’s what they all made of the celeb performances...
Kay Stockell (Reservations Team Manager) and Jules Harrison (Credit Control)
1. What event did you go to see and why?
Kay – We went to see Strictly Come dancing and it was amazing. I wanted to take my daughter to see it because we watch it on T.V and she loves the costumes and the Glitz and Glamour.
Jules – Strictly Come Dancing Tour – I hosted this show and took my best friend Sian as a surprise for her 30th birthday
2. What did you think of the performance? Did it live up to expectations?
Kay – It was brilliant, we really enjoyed it. There was just the right amount of fun and laughter and the judges were great (especially Craig)
Jules – It was a fab-u–lous performance! A great show packed with dancing, great music and was very colourful. It certainly lived up to its expectations and would definitely go to see it again (also went last year) If you are a fan of the TV show it is a must!
3. Was this your first visit to The O2? What did you make of the facilities?
Kay – I have been to the O2 before the facilities are great; the food outlets were very expensive though.
4. Did you enjoy a meal or drinks out before the event? If so would you recommend the places?
Kay – We only ate from the fast food outlets we didn’t go to a restaurant.
Jules – We decided, as we went to the matinee performance, that we would eat after the show and opted for a trip to nearby Greenwich which was £10 in a taxi (between four of us – great value) We chose an American diner situation on the Thames with fantastic views called Byrons. However there are many restaurants and bars in Greenwich and it is a lovely place.
5. Which hotel did you stay in and what did you think of it? How far was the distance to The O2?
Kay – We stayed at the Days Hotel Waterloo, which was great for the price and it was really easy to get to the O2 on the jubilee line direct from Waterloo
6. How did you get to The O2? How did you find travelling around London?
Kay – We went on the underground on the Jubilee line and it was really really easy.
Jules – We travelled by underground and it was great
7. How does The O2 compare to other venues?
Kay – It is brilliant and there is so much to do, My husband and son went to the cinema in the O2 while we were at the event.