SuperBreak’s Nicola enjoyed her first ever London O2 Arena gig in the company of quirky songstress Paloma Faith, and had a whale of a time! From getting around London to where to grab a bite to eat, read her O2 Arena tips below…
1. What event did you go to see and why?
I went to see Paloma because she’s really down to earth, and she just has a fantastic voice! What a performer…
2. What did you think of the performance? Did it live up to expectations?
It was an fantastic performance, and much better than I had expected. The songs were catchy and there was a wonderful atmosphere in the whole place.
3. Was this your first visit to The O2? What did you make of the facilities?
This was my first visit to the O2, and I thought the facilities there were really good.
4. Did you enjoy a meal or drinks out before the event? If so would you recommend the places?
We went to Garfunkels and I would recommend eating there – it’s just really good British food, and lots of it… what’s not to love?
5. Which hotel did you stay in and what did you think of it? How far was the distance to The O2?
I stayed at the Danubius. It is a lovely hotel; very good service, lovely rooms and a great breakfast! This hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the tube station, and then maybe around half an hour to the O2 on the Jubilee line to North Greenwich.
6. How did you get to The O2? How did you find travelling around London?
I travelled to the O2 on the tube, and actually we travelled right around London on the tube too – it was really very easy.
7. How does The O2 compare to other venues?
The O2 is a great venue to visit – it’s really easy to get to and there are plenty of places to eat and drink. Also, the crowd control is good at the end of the night, so it doesn’t take too long to get onto the tube and you feel really safe.
8. Have any other events caught your eye this year?
Other events I would love to see are the big bands like Take That and U2, and Madonna would be good to see too!
Planning to see a gig at London’s O2 Arena this year? Let us know what you’re off to see in the comments section below…