Lucky Lexi from our Reservations Department saw the newly formed Super Group, McBusted perform live at the O2 Arena in London recently. Find out what she made of the night in her latest event review…
1. What event did you go to see and why?
I went to see McBusted as I was a fan of them when they were separate bands, so I was very intrigued to see what they would be like when they formed this very much talked about super group. It was also a great chance to take my friend who is officially one of the biggest Busted fans ever!
2. What did you think of the performance? Did it live up to expectations?
I think they put on a great show considering that they aren’t as young as they where when they started the bands. They still managed to do there legendary jumps and energetic moves as they always once used to, and did not disappoint in putting on a good show.
3. Was this your first visit to The O2? What did you make of the facilities?
I’ve visited The O2 many times and there is always loads of options of places to eat and drink. The restaurants do get really busy though before the show so it is always advisable to get to The O2 in good time and then there is no disappointment.
4. Did you enjoy a meal or drinks out before the event? If so would you recommend the places?
On this occasion we decided to eat at the Gourmet Burger Kitchen which was really nice and was a reasonable price. Most of the other places were really busy so we did manage to get into here and still not miss any of the show.
5. Which hotel did you stay in and what did you think of it? How far was the distance to The O2?
I stayed at the 4* Holiday Inn Kings Cross/Bloomsbury which was a lovely hotel. We could get a tube from Kings Cross Station which meant we only had to change tube once. Are journey took about half an hour which was really good.
6. How did you get to The O2? How did you find travelling around London?
We used our Oyster Cards and got the tube. When we got back to Kings Cross Station it was quite dark so we got a taxi to our hotel which was so easy as there were many taxis queuing up straight outside the station.
7. How does The O2 compare to other venues?
The arena just has an amazing atmosphere and everybody just gets involved and enjoys themselves. It is a brilliant arena whether you are going to see a show or if you just want a night out as there are many bars and restaurants, and also a cinema.
8. Have any other events caught your eye this year?
I am going to see Lady Gaga later this year which I am very excited for.
Are you a fan of McFly, Busted or…McBusted too? Or have you seen a recent event at The O2 Arena you want to shout about? Let us know using the comments box below.