Guest post by Jules Harrison
1. What event did you go to see and why?
Disney on Ice as a post Christmas treat for my 2 year old Son Henry and I.
2. What did you think of the performance? Did it live up to expectations?
Absolutely a fantastic experience and people visiting the show commented on how much I enjoyed it as well as Henry! Amazing skating and a lovely story of all Disney Princesses and their friends. Very colourful and fun – Henry was mesmerised all the way through (at only 2 years old no mean feat!) and especially liked Maximus the horse from Tangled.
3. Was this your first visit to The O2? What did you make of the facilities?
Been to the O2 lots of times before. The facilities were immaculate as usual and the staff at the bars friendly as ever. Susan was in charge of the suites areas and she was great with Henry. The only thing I would advise people when going to see an Ice show is that the O2 is quite chilly so take a jumper to wear (I kept my coat on?
4. Did you enjoy a meal or drinks out before the event? If so would you recommend the places?
We decided on the 11am performance on the Sunday so stayed in London on the Saturday evening. We went to Greenwich on the Saturday daytime to the Naval Museum which was well worth a visit (and is free!) and then had a lovely meal at a tapas bar and restaurant in Greenwich.
5. Which hotel did you stay in and what did you think of it? How far was the distance to The O2?
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Commercial road near Whitechapel. We picked it because it was a great rate but found other benefits on researching the hotel. You can get a bus (oyster cards accepted) to Whitechapel so do not need to get a tube – handy for us with a pushchair and also good for those who do not like the underground. Then a short walk from the hotel takes you directly to the DLR straight to the O2.
6. How did you get to The O2? How did you find travelling around London?
Ups! Sort of answered that above! We also did the cable car over to the O2 as an experience fro Henry – again he loved it!
7. How does The O2 compare to other venues?
I haven’t really been to any other venues similar to the O2 only theatres in London so can’t compare.
8. Have any other events caught your eye this year?
Im hosting Taylor Swift and Strictly Come Dancing in February but will definitely be on the lookout for next Christmas – as we enjoyed it all very much.