A huge comedy fan, SuperBreak-er Abbie was fortunate enough to see Channel 4’s Comedy Gala at The O2 Arena this month. Making the most of her trip to London, read her review here…
1. What event did you go to see and why?
I went to see the Channel 4’s Comedy Gala because I absolutely love comedy and that is the perfect gig to go to see all your favourite comedians, such as Michael McIntyre, Sean Locke, Alan Carr and many more!
2. What did you think of the performance? Did it live up to expectations?
The performance was absolutely brilliant! Definitely lived up to its expectations! It was hilarious and all the comedians had you crying with laughter!
3. What did you make of the facilities at The O2?
The facilities were great! The staff are really friendly and are always on hand for anything you need!
4. Did you enjoy a meal or drinks out before the event? If so would you recommend the places?
Before the event we went to a restaurant called ‘Jimmys World Grill & Bar’ and it was absolutely gorgeous! It was an all-you-can-eat buffet with food from India, Chinese, Mexican, Italian and many more and it was only £16.99 each!
5. Which hotel did you stay in and what did you think of it?
I stayed at the Ibis Styles Excel London which is not far for the O2! It’s a clean, good standard hotel and I would recommend it for people that just need a place to rest their head for the night and need to be close by to the O2.
6. How did you get to The O2? How did you find travelling around London?
Outside our hotel (Ibis Styles Excel London) there was a tube station (Custom House) and the next stop along (Royal Victoria) there was the Emirates Airline carts that ran over the Thames direct to the O2, it only takes 10 minutes and is a great way to see London from above ground!
7. How does The O2 compare to other venues?
The O2 is a great place to go to events as all the seats have a great view of the stage and there are so many places to go for a few drinks or something to eat before/after the event!
8. Have any other events caught your eye this year?
Yes! I am off to see Mrs Browns Boys on the 7th July and Michael McIntyre on the 2nd October and I cannot wait!
Off to see an event at The O2 Arena this year? Tell us about it in the comments section below…