Our lovely Lily from the SuperBreak Customer Service Department reveals all about her trip to The O2 to see the Channel 4’s Comedy Gala in her latest event review…
1. What event did you go to see and why?
Channel 4’s Comedy Gala was a great opportunity to see some of my all-time favourite comedians also some that I am not so familiar with.
2. What did you think of the performance? Did it live up to expectations?
Fantastic show! Some comedians stood out more than others in particular Josh Widdicombe and Michael Macintyre.
3. Was this your first visit to The O2? What did you make of the facilities?
I have been to The O2 several times and as always thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
4. Did you enjoy a meal or drinks out before the event? If so would you recommend the places?
Our hotel was in a fantastic location next to the river and as it was such a lovely sunny evening we ate Thai food al fresco from one of the many food outlets on the river bank.
5. Which hotel did you stay in and what did you think of it? How far was the distance to The O2?
We stayed at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands and the location was fantastic as the cable car terminal is just by the hotel and is a great way to arrive at The O2. The flight is only 5 minutes and costs £4.
6. How did you get to The O2? How did you find travelling around London?
Our time in London was very short on this occasion and only attended the concert so we used the tube from Kings Cross.
7. How does The O2 compare to other venues?
The venue has great facilities, lots of food outlets and bars.
Are you a fan of live stand-up comedy performances? Have you ever seen any other comedy events at The O2? Let us know by filling out the comments box below.