Guest post by Dave Fox
1. What event did you go to see and why?
We went to see Micky Flannagan, big fan, really enjoy this type of humour
2. What did you think of the performance? Did it live up to expectations?
Up to and beyond, he was definitely on the ball that night
3. Was this your first visit to The O2? What did you make of the facilities?
I have been to the o2 on numerable occasions and everything was as easy as always, in all the time we have been going the standards have never slipped
4. Did you enjoy a meal or drinks out before the event? If so would you recommend the places?
We went to Planet Hollywood on the Haymarket for a late lunch/early dinner, can highly recommend it, my ribs were superb and my wife really enjoyed her salmon !! we will be going again
5. Which hotel did you stay in and what did you think of it? How far was the distance to The O2?
We stayed at the ibis styles London Excel, so simple for the arena, 2 stops on the DLR to canning town then 1 stop on the jubilee line and you are there, 5 minutes tops, the hotel itself was simple no frills but clean and tidy, the bed was comfortable with the extra pillows a god send, free wifi for all rooms, the staff are polite and efficient, the breakfast room is bright and cheerful and easy going. The food was good on our first night but go down when it is busy and the quality suffers a little, but, to be fair so does everywhere else I have stayed
6. How did you get to The O2? How did you find travelling around London?
As I mentioned above we like to use the underground, fior London transport you really cant beat it
7. How does The O2 compare to other venues?
Absolutely love it, upbeat, vibrant and lively, safe and secure, a very very good venue
8. Have any other events caught your eye this year?
Nothing else for this year but looking forward to the Eagles in 2014 !!