Event review by SuperBreak’s Tracey Whiteley…
1. What event did you go to see and why?
Tyson Fury Risky Business. My husband and I both enjoy watching boxing and when this fight came up at a good price, I thought I’d book it as a surprise.
2. What did you think of the performance? Did it live up to expectations?
The undercard fights were better that Tyson Fury’s fight. But, it was still a good night and great atmosphere. That’s just the way a fight can go at times.
3. Was this your first visit to The O2? What did you make of the facilities?
I’ve been previously and the facilities were up to their usual high standard.
4. Did you enjoy a meal or drinks out before the event? If so would you recommend the places?
We ate in TGI Fridays before the event – good value for money.
5. Which hotel did you stay in and what did you think of it? How far was the distance to The O2?
We stayed at the Hilton London Docklands Riverside. Fantastic hotel. We upgraded to a Deluxe Premier Plus Room and I can thoroughly recommend. It was worth it just for the view over the river. Breakfast was a buffet style and we had plenty to choose from too.
6. How did you get to The O2? How did you find travelling around London?
The hotel provides its own ferry that you can catch free of charge from the hotel to Canary Wharf. Or, you can catch a bus from outside the hotel that we take you to Canada Water tube station. Both are easily accessible to get you around London.
To get to The O2, we got the free boat across to Canary Wharf pier and then boarded the Thames Clipper to The O2. So easy to do and hassle free. It wasn’t probably the quickest way of getting toTthe O2 from where we were, but it was enjoyable and something different to the tube.
7. How does The O2 compare to other venues?
It’s massive! So much to see and do. It offers so much variety. There really is something for everyone. I don’t think I have been to another venue this size with as much choice.
8. Have any other events caught your eye this year?
Not as yet, but I am keeping my eye out…
Have you seen any events at The O2 Arena in London recently? Let us know using the comments box below.