SuperBreak’s Web Developer Carl went on a very exciting break to London to see iconic rock band, Status Quo…here’s what he made of the show
1. What event did you go to see and why?
Status Quo – To Treat my Dad for Christmas
2. What did you think of the performance? Did it live up to expectations?
The performance exceeded all expectations for me, although I did not know many of the songs I found them full of energy and I was fully entertained throughout. My Dad loved it!
3. Was this your first visit to The O2? Did you enjoy a meal or drinks out before the event? If so would you recommend the places?
This was not my first visit to the O2 but this was the first time we ate before the event in one of the many bars/restaurants inside the O2. We had a Chinese buffet which was great value (for London anyway!). We were expecting to pay a lot more than we did and the food was great with a lot of choice.
4. Which hotel did you stay in and what did you think of it? How far was the distance to The O2?
We stayed at the Aloft which is right on the river side. We had a great view and the room was fantastic (Almost wished I was there with my Wife instead of my Dad ;). The Aloft is literally on the DLR rail route you walk of the train and into the Hotel. It was also only 2 stops away from the Air Emirates Cable Car although it was a bit windy and we decided not to do this on the night, but we did use this the next morning on our way to Kings Cross.
5. How did you get to The O2? How did you find travelling around London?
The Aloft is literally on the DLR rail route you walk of the train and into the Hotel. It was also only 2 stops away from the Air Emirates Cable Car although it was a bit windy and we decided not to do this on the night, but we did use this the next morning on our way to Kings Cross. To get to the O2 from the Hotel we caught the DLR to Canning Town and then the Jubilee Line to Greenwich North.
6. How does The O2 compare to other venues?
The O2 is a great venue and the journey to London is part and parcel of the whole experience. I have been to other smaller Venue’s which can be a little more intimate and you feel like you are closer to the act but the O2 is an amazing arena and the atmosphere is awesome.
7. Have any other events caught your eye this year?
I am going to see The Script in March at the O2. Which I am very excited about