Posted by Becky
This year marks the 50th anniversary of The Beatles and in honour of this Liverpool City Council have arranged a host of Beatles inspired events running throughout the year. With this in mind now is the perfect time to plan a Liverpool break.
The Beatles are renowned throughout the world and are the best selling band in history, from the first commercially successful single Love Me Do to Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Yellow Submarine and the epic White Album they released hit after hit.
Synonymous with the city they grew up in The Beatles and Liverpool go hand in hand. 2012 sees the band celebrated throughout the city and is the year to visit Liverpool. As well as the fantastic array of things to see such as Penny Lane, The Cavern Club and The Beatles Story there are plenty of events to enjoy:
* Every Saturday throughout the year The Cavern Club will hold tribute evenings in its Live Lounge. It will mark 50 years since the band’s first gig at the club with a party
* 16 June – Paul McCartney’s 70th Birthday Show at the Cavern
* 18 June – They Say It’s Your Birthday – Free concert by the Cavern’s resident musicians
* 22 and 23 June – Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra will perform Beatles classics
* 22 – 28 August – International Beatles Week takes place
* 26 August – Annual Beatles Convention
* 5 – 7 October – Love Me Do weekend takes place at Albert Dock on to celebrate the release of The Beatles’ first single.
* 7 December – The Bootleg Beatles at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall
* 7 to 9 December – Liverpool Philharmonic Beatles Weekend
* 9 December – John Lennon Peace Vigil will take place at the European Peace Monument, marking 32 years since the singer was killed.
Plus with a great choice of Liverpool hotels to stay in, including the iconic Beatles themed hotel Hard Days Night, there is something to suit all budgets and needs.
Are you a fan of The Beatles? Will you be heading to Liverpool this year to take part in the 50th anniversary events?